[Novalug] Equivalent software question

Mark A. Metz mametz@aol.com
Sun Oct 13 09:11:20 EDT 2013

Mint is very Windows like, but is not tauted to be a mock up of Windows. I think in it's early days, Clem, the leader of the Mint project made interface decisions based on familiarity with Windows. Now the interface decisions are based on making the new desktop environments look like Mint did under Gnome 2. In other words, make Mint look and feel like Mint, not necessarily like Windows.

Zorin OS, on the other hand, is intended to be Linux for Windows users. I've never used the distro, but it gets good marks, and they just released an update.

http://zorin-os.com

Good luck.