[Novalug] Is hiding your IP address foolproof?

shawn wilson ag4ve.us@gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 04:11:39 EDT 2013

I think he's worried about other trading firms on the same net and not
necessarily the provider (hence the mention of automated trading).
It's still moot as the people that run those machines are worried
about .01 of seconds in difference - you blink slower. Hence, they're
not worried about your ping time and any of these solutions are just
going to make you go slower (other than spoofing your ip and then
pinging the spoofed host to look at the seq - but that's still bad).

If you want to beat the guys with automated trading, I'd suggest you
join them :)