[Novalug] Reminiscing about times I was too young to remember!

ethan@757.org ethan@757.org
Fri Oct 4 12:41:58 EDT 2013

>  Back in those halcyon days, I was a Telenet subscriber.

I used to run a BBS in Norfolk Virginia and I remember seeing a call come
in (late in the BBS game) at 2400 baud or something. I watched and noticed
that the actions were laggy. I broke into chat and chatted with the
caller, and sure enough he was coming through a telenet or tymnet outdial.

It was pretty impressive, at that point in time that was something of old
school.

I remember guessing around at addresses on Telenet but don't ever recall
using outdials or dialouts or whatever the slang was for a modem connected
to the system.

I remember you could randomly log into bank mainframes with default OS/390
passwords though.

 			- Ethan