[Novalug] ssl decryption in a home lab environment

Dave Winn winndm@gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 10:21:53 EDT 2013

Good morning,
I'm playing around with some network traffic analysis and monitoring tools
my employer develops.  In their development lab, a Netronome device exists
to inspect SSL sessions and copy of the unencrypted session gets sent over
to the analysis machines.

I certainly can't afford that hardware device in my home lab.

Are there software solutions which would work?  I don't need full line
speed, heavy traffic, etc.  Just inspection of traffic from one target ip
address.

Having trouble coming up with the terminology to find something like this
via Google search.

Thanks,
Dave