[Novalug] LAN trouble

Jared Scott jared@jaredscott.com
Thu Nov 21 15:27:13 EST 2013

That nmap command is telling you that the port is closed. Which leads me
back to a firewall.

Run: service sshd status
Does it say it is running?

Maybe try service sshd restart and tell me if there are any errors.

>From the machine you cannot ssh to, try:
ssh localhost

Do you get a prompt back?

Next try to ssh to the local ip address from the machine itself
ssh 192.168.1.124

or

ssh 192.168.1.107

Do either of those work?