[Novalug] fresh reinstall solves ssh between computers on LAN behind a FiOS modem, somewhat

Jon LaBadie novalugml@jgcomp.com
Wed Nov 20 13:08:53 EST 2013

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 05:56:17AM -0500, Mark A. Metz wrote:
> In my home, I can set a static IP in the IPV4 settings for each computer as long as it's in the appropriate range.

I manually set the IP's for each device (incld printers, vm's,
routers... etc).

> I don't have to touch the router.

But then I still assign (or reserve) them in the router to avoid
conflicts.  I think the FiOS router also allows a hostname to
be associated with that name and it is then used in their
built-in DNS server.

--
Jon H. LaBadie                  novalugml@jgcomp.com
 11226 South Shore Rd		(703) 787-0688 (H)