[Novalug] Choice of Linux database system for "smallish" project

Zachary Zebrowski zak.zebrowski@gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 15:00:12 EST 2013

BTW, consider mariadb, https://mariadb.org/ , which is a fork of the mysql
code base line.  Basically, when mysql was purchased by oracle, Monty (the
original author of the db) forked the previous version of the database, and
is incorporating many features faster than the official mysql distribution,
and doesn't fall under the oracle license.  See also :
https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb-versus-mysql-features/