[Novalug] Recommendations for purchasing a new printer.

Barnett Hsu bhsu@acm.org
Wed May 22 20:35:07 EDT 2013

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 12:49 PM, Andrew Beals <andrew.beals@gmail.com>wrote:

> How many printers have you tossed out because the jets were clogged (even
> though they are supposedly on the cartridges) and couldn't be cleaned out?

Zero.

I have a HP Deskjet 970Cse (inkjet, printer only) that I bought in August
2000 and it still works and I still use from time to time.  Target's the
only store I know of that still sells ink for it.  I also had a Canon
MultiPass (?) multi-function printer/fax/page scanner/page copier that I
bought at the same time.  It was still working, but I ended up giving it to
Best Buy for recycling three years ago or so because I couldn't find any
place still selling the ink cartridges for it.

I'm currently using a Canon MX860 multi-function printer/fax/scanner/copier
along with the Deskjet 970Cse, but I honestly don't remember if I've tried
to print to it from within Linux.  I only know the Deskjet 970Cse works in
Linux.