[Novalug] problems with upgrading from Ubuntu 10 to 12

Roger W. Broseus rogerb@bronord.com
Wed May 15 15:58:19 EDT 2013

Nino,

I suggest that you do a re-install instead of trying to make an upgrade work.
Of course, do a backup. Keep custom "dot" files and use them to judiciously
replace ones put into place by the re-install, e.g., .ssh, .thunderbird and
.mozilla. Others that were created on the old system but be careful about
doing it will nilly, lest you clobber the new install.

As for xorg? I thought maybe edit the new one by had to put in the stuff
unique to your system. Problem is, what's the new one?? I am running Xubuntu
12.04.2 and see no /etc/X11/xorg.conf! Maybe there is one no longer? And
that's why disaster? Maybe my case does not apply to you since I'm using
Xubuntu with the XCFE desktop?

Maybe the solution is here:
      Ubuntu 12.04 Dual Monitors Not Working

Good luck