[Novalug] good networking docs?

Igor Birman igor_birman@yahoo.com
Thu May 9 09:36:38 EDT 2013

This doesn't really answer your question, but is a really great place to start:

http://www.brouckie.eu/cgi-bin/IPsubnetting/index.pl?ta=1

Igor

________________________________
 From: greg pryzby <greg@pryzby.org>
To: Novalug <novalug@calypso.tux.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 9, 2013 8:59 AM
Subject: [Novalug] good networking docs?

I have the basics of networking down. I want to learn more and didn't
know if there was a 'networking bible' or resource people really
liked/couldn't live with out.

I really want to understand more about VLANs, bridging, bonding, etc.
Conceptually I think I have it (VLAN for traffic separation, bridging
to pass packets across networks, bonding joining NICs for single IP)
but I would like to understand more. As OpenStack and virtualization
grow, the more I learn that networking is important. Maybe I am over
complicating it, or not. That is what I want to figure out.

--
greg pryzby                              greg at pryzby dot org
http://www.linkedin.com/in/gpryzby

TWTR: gpryzby
WEB:  http://www.MakeRoomForArt.com/
BLOG: http://www.ryqyrmedia.com/ (son's)