[Novalug] separation between Ubuntu's 4 'desk tops'

Nino R. Pereira ninorpereira@gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 13:57:45 EDT 2013

Hi,

some time ago I asked the Linux experts who read this list for
suggestions on how to shorten
the display names of text windows, so that you don't get so many names
crowded on the bottom
of the screen. One of the suggestions was to start using other desktops.

This turns out to be an excellent suggestion, so that I now use the 4
desktops my system allows,
for different purposes. It works really well: all the stuff relating to
one topic stays together,
and doesn't mix with other stuff.

Sometimes, though, I run a display program in one desktop that takes
some time to complete.
Being impatient, I may switch to a different desktop to check mail or
something. Then, the
display pops up in the desktop I'm using, not in the one that I started
the program in.

What is happening here, and, how do I restrict things to stay within
their own desktop?

Thank you,

Nino