[Novalug] Learning Python ???

jerry w jerrywone@gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 12:26:14 EDT 2013

OLPC's Pippy is a python learning tool...
(Fedora yum [group?] install sugar or similar)
 It has various example programs,
graphics (I like Pong, and have changed
the size, number and speed to make it better)
Those knowing / liking Forth might consider
the Firmware version (I Lose badly, so not as fun,
and don't recall enough OpenFirmware Forth to make
it educational)
Also has a tree type graphic and other goodies,
which  modified would be good starting points...

And taking photos/ thumbnails of t shirts
in a Tile Game type thing could be used
to build a virtual quilt (or just chronologically
or otherwise order (vendor, distro, focus: security/
games, etc) the shirts)

Also, RaspberryPi has a learning python thingie,
not sure the name, of the top of my head...

But I digress...  \t

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 11:31 AM, greg pryzby <greg@pryzby.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 4:13 PM, James Ewing Cottrell III
> <JECottrell3@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> On 3/23/2013 7:15 AM, greg pryzby wrote:
>> Yes, and the De Facto interpretation of that is "to the next 8 space
>> boundary". You Have Been Warned. Proceed At Your Own Risk.
>>
>> OTOH, you are old enough to make your own decisions. Do what you will.
>>
>> I don't expect your Obedience, only your Informed Consent.
>>
>> And by now there should be No Doubt as to What my Position is and Why.
>>
>> Carry On.
>

> This morning I started some of the online learning and low and behold, tab
> should be 4 spaces(!) according to PEP8
>    http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/#indentation
>     Indentation
>     Use 4 spaces per indentation level.
>
> It also says that \t should not be used but to have the editor replace \t
> with 4 spaces.
>
> Hmmm. I will follow PEP8. 4 is closer to 3 (which I like) vs 8 (default
> tabstop). I have all that whitespace. FWIW, google uses \t == 2
>

> --
> greg pryzby                              greg at pryzby dot org
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/gpryzby
>
> TWTR: gpryzby
> WEB:  http://www.MakeRoomForArt.com/
> BLOG: http://www.ryqyrmedia.com/ (son's)