[Novalug] centOS 6 software updates ??

Walt Smith waltechmail@yahoo.com
Wed Mar 20 18:49:57 EDT 2013

hi,

This isn't a q about repositories.

The Software Update (GUI)  won't refresh it's list.

I ran the gui and got a list.
I updated some ( not all) on the list.
Closed the update  gui.
Restarted software update at a later time....
As it got it's information from (apparently) it's
own DB, it presented exactly the same list.

Now, I know Centos doesn't change very often.
But I can' be sure it didn't go out to refresh.

**      How do I insure it will refresh ?

Note:  the original list probably came from a wireless,
and what I'm trying now is on dialup.  I wouldn't think
the app would care about the route. IT doesn't take very
long during the "getting information" stage, so I doubt this
is the problem...

As a side issue, two updates won't ... update.
There was a missing package update.
However, I see today that Centos issued a update for
that particular "dependent" package.. (Why is happened days later is
I can't say )

Walt......

--

HI !!   I'm Arty Weeno.  Do you want toast?