[Novalug] mbox / maildir

cerberus novalug@ginch.org
Fri Mar 1 16:26:20 EST 2013

To be slightly pedantic, my stock filesystem for Centos 5.x has 1.25M inodes in it, and that's what Linode gave me by default. If you are looking for large # of inodes, 9999999 (10M) might be better, if running a mail server for any more than a handful of people.   This example host has my ginch.org mailserver on it, 6 users that have local accounts for IMAP, and it uses 812478 inodes on the filesystem with the home directories on it.

With Maildir, plan accordingly.

-dave

--
Dave Paper

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln