[Novalug] Slightly OT: What is the name

sean@mcgowanet.com sean@mcgowanet.com
Sun Jun 23 16:10:26 EDT 2013

Not only is there a closed source linux driver for linux on hp's site, there is also a fully functional foss driver available as well.
Suggestion:  from your favorite search engine, type the model number followed by 'driver linux'. A certain popular engine revealed about 119,000 results, w/ the appropriate solutions in the first 3.
I love looking in to problems that people bring me, but not when it is clear that they have not done any (obvious)  work themselves. </hatetosayit>
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

-----Original Message-----
From: cmhowe@patriot.net
Sender: novalug-bounces@calypso.tux.org
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 21:49:51
To: <novalug@calypso.tux.org>
Subject: [Novalug] Slightly OT: What is the name

List,

Several years set about writing an open source version of Windows, don't
know what version. After a some time went by the decision was taken to
scrap what had been written and start over. What can anyone tell me about
the state of affairs?

Here's why I'm interested. If you have followed my printing problem, you
know that the problem was that (a) the hp Laser Jet P1102w was nw, (b)
that it was possible to print anything created by Windows, any version (I
guess) and anything coming from the Apple universe. But not from Linux
(or, I suppose but don't actually know). I have a workaround: Give the
office manager of my church some stamps and envelopes and email what I
want printed as an attachment. Until hp gets its driver right.

Then the epiphany: If the Windows open source effort is far enough along
to print, problem solved!

Will I be lucky?

Charlie