[Novalug] Novalug Digest, Vol 80, Issue 10

Tom Gutnick tag@sunny-banana.com
Thu Jun 6 20:45:07 EDT 2013

I've been using a Samsung Galaxy S III for about the past ten months, and am
quite happy with it.  (It's running Android -- you do indeed have options
other than iThings.)    It works okay with hearing aids, just going from the
phone's receiver into the aid's microphone, unless the surroundings are very
noisy; if you've got a T-coil in the hearing aid, you get a much better
result, since you don't pick up all the background noise.   If you get new
hearing aids, using Bluetooth will likely produce much better results, but
at a cost of several hundred dollars additional.

Tom

Samsung