[Novalug] OT: Cellphone advice wanted

Rich Goodwin rich@the-goodwins.us
Thu Jun 6 19:05:26 EDT 2013

I think Jay is referring to "Blu RCU/mini Blu RCU" (Charlie - that
may help you as well). I found his suggestion phenomenally brilliant and
learned there ARE Bluetooth hearing aids. What a wonderful application
of technology!! I even see COSTCO has the [2]m [2]!!

I learned another
thing day! This makes today faaaar better than I thought it was!

Rich

On 2013-06-06 14:52, Jay Hart wrote:

> Charlie,
>
> I would do two
things:

> 1. Update your hearing aids (I think I remeber you saying
you wear them), to be
> bluetooth capable, if not, get a pair of hearing
devices that are bluetooth
> capable
>
> 2. Get a cell phone with
bluetooth capability and sync them with your hearing
> devices. When the
phone rings the sound is transmitted to your hearing
> devices via
bluetooth. As long as the phone is bluetooth capable, brand
> should not
matter.

> I wear hearing aids but I don't have that capability, and
sometimes I wish I did.

> Jay
>
>> List, As some of you know, I am
very much hearing impaired. I have used a Samsung Jitterbug but never
liked it. Due to some stupidity on my part, it wound up in a washing
machine. Good riddance. I could barely hear what was being said. At
least once I heard one that I could hear. So the advice I am hoping for
is, what should I get. I know how incredibly popular i phones are, but I
don't want Apple taking over my life. Expect more questions before I

Links:
------
[2]
http://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-hearing-aid.html