[Novalug] Problem solved

Xavier Belanger tux@belanger.fr
Thu Jun 6 07:47:25 EDT 2013

Hi,

> I wrote a script at work that copies files into a yyyy/mm/dd/
> hierarchy. (...)

Something similar here: a basic script that create a copy with the time
and a version number.  It's like a poor VCS (version control system)
but it works everywhere if you can use Bash.

 [ http://www.ellendhel.net/fichiers/mkbackup.zip ]

Use:

  ellendhel@slackware:~$ touch testfile
  ellendhel@slackware:~$ mkbackup testfile
  `testfile' -> `testfile-2013-06-06-01'
  ellendhel@slackware:~$ mkbackup testfile
  `testfile' -> `testfile-2013-06-06-02'
  ellendhel@slackware:~$ mkbackup testfile
  `testfile' -> `testfile-2013-06-06-03'
  ellendhel@slackware:~$

Sorry, it's in French but I can spend some time to translate the script
and wrote a short description if needed.  It's probably not foolproof
and it works with only one file at the time.  There is also another script
to use that one with KDE.

 [ http://www.ellendhel.net/fichiers/mkBackup.desktop.zip ]

Sincerely.
--