[Novalug] S3 Torrent

John Place jplace@unixsage.com
Mon Jul 29 10:20:53 EDT 2013

Disclaimer I do not know if the error message you have is this exact
issue..

Depends on your definition of "work".. It will download, seeding will be
a problem though. The protocol works by sending a new client the rarest
bits making others connect to you. If you do not port forward that
traffic through your NAT you will only get uploads to persons you are
already connected to (the reverse will be allowed because it is in your
NAT/established rules table). Bur when other clients see you are seeding
those new connections will fail...

Keep in mind that BT will "test" your router/NAT device since you have
many connections it can make older/lower end devices lock up since the
tables get way larger than a typical home user...

That error message seems to NOT point at that issue but that is the
typical issue with torrents...

Just my 2cents

Thanks
John