[Novalug] Random artifacts

greg pryzby greg@pryzby.org
Thu Jul 25 07:20:18 EDT 2013

   <Ctrl><Alt><F2>
   killall Xorg (or kill the pid of X/Xorg)
but you will lose the work and open windows

Sometimes <Ctrl><Alt><F2> then <Alt><F1> or <Alt><F7> (depends where X is
running) will fix it also.

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 7:03 PM, Christopher Jones <
christopher.donald.jones@gmail.com> wrote:

> So this is going to be hard to pin down but I've included a screenshot to
> illustrate what I'm dealing with. Basically random icon and font artifacts.
> They usually only happen if the system is put to "sleep" and brought back.
>
> I'm running xcompmgr, x11, I3 window manager
> I have tried stoping xcompmgr but all I'm using it for is transparancies
> when I stop it they go away but all the fonts and images are messed up.
> If I reboot it fixes the problem.
> Many times when i shut the laptop lid and it goes to sleep this doesn't
> happen but many times it does. It seems completely random.
>
> screenshot:
>
> http://i.imgur.com/Qt6lOvE.jpg?1
>

> --
> Chris Jones
> RHCSA

greg pryzby                              greg at pryzby dot org
http://www.linkedin.com/in/gpryzby

TWTR: gpryzby
WEB:  http://www.MakeRoomForArt.com/
BLOG: http://www.ryqyrmedia.com/ (son's)