[Novalug] Why Python

Varol Okan mymail@MovingSatellites.com
Fri Jul 19 20:38:33 EDT 2013

I have been happily using bash for all my needs and once in a blue moon
I used Perl.

Looking at the current scripting landscape I see mostly Python and Ruby.
 From all I can tell it seems Python is the one used most broadly.

Ruby is currently a hot commodity in the job market AFAIKT.

I played around with Python a bit and went through a bunch of 'boring'
tutorials and I don't know why this is such a big thing.

Looking at Ruby I found a couple of very interesting and exciting tutorials.
http://railsforzombies.org/ was the one I liked best ( grin ) but there
were other great tuts out there.

So my question is then, what is it with Python ? Why has Python
strangled other scripting languages ?

Varol