[Novalug] Managed DNS services recommendation

John Franklin franklin@elfie.org
Thu Jul 18 16:40:41 EDT 2013

If you already have Linode VMs, they have managed DNS as part of it.  If you set up a domain as a "slave," you need another DNS server somewhere to be the master and it works as you would expect.  If you set up a domain as a "master" on their service, then changes make on the web interface are effected every 15 minutes.  I always seem to get my updates in at one minute past the push.

They replicate DNS out to at least five of their data centers: Newark, Fremont, Atlanta, Dallas and London.  Very good geographic dispersion, never had a problem with their DNS.

jf