[Novalug] OT maybe - trubs with CNN vids

Chuck Payne terrorpup@gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 07:55:29 EDT 2013

A lot of the site have move the latest flash, don't quote me on this
but I think 11.6 or so. Because of that a lot of the site won't work.
And to make wrose, flash for Linux stopped at 11.2. I know about this
because my son site Club Penguin can Cartoon Network stopped working
for him.

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 7:49 AM, Ed James <edward.james@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nope to no-script.  Never installed in on purpose, and if it snuck
> through, I cant find it, or any evidence that it's running.
>
> Did try other vid sites, such as YouTube, WUSA, The Guardian,
> etc which worked okay.   Can't tell with WashPost, which is so
> lagged and crudded up with ad-junk that's it a joke to me.  So
> far, problem seems unique to CNN (lead-in ad plays, but the
> feature vid never plays).
>
> FYI - I really don't feel like I'm missing anything important anyway.
>
> Problem for another time, I suppose.
>
> Ed James
>

> On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 4:07 PM, Jay Hart <jhart@kevla.org> wrote:
>>
>> Are you running no-script?
>>
>> Jay
>>
>> > All,
>> >
>> > Has anyone had this issue and revolved it:
>> >
>> > On the CNN site, any and every video plays the
>> > annoying ad vid, then says the actual vid will
>> > play in 0 seconds, but never does.  This has been
>> > the case for some months now.  Any ideas what
>> > the cause it, and the fix, besides the usual
>> > "upgrade everything to the latest and bloodiest"?
>> >
>> > Specs are:
>> >    Ubuntu 11.10
>> >    Firefox 15.0.1
>> >    Adobe Flash Player 11.2.202.223
>> >
>> > adTHANKSvance,
>> > Ed James

Terror PUP a.k.a
Chuck "PUP" Payne

(678) 636-9678
openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
Community Manager -- Southeast Linux Foundation (SELF)
freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein
Register Linux Userid: 155363

Have you tried SUSE Studio? Need to create a Live CD,  an app you want
Studio a try. www.susestudio.com.
See you at Southeast Linux Fest, June 7-9, 2013 in Charlotte, NC.
www.southeastlinuxfest.org