[Novalug] FYI: special event at freeshell.org/ lonestar.org ( same )

Walt Smith waltechmail@yahoo.com
Sun Jul 14 01:16:56 EDT 2013

I know several of you have accounts
and may not use their email frequently.

 Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 19:01:40 GMT
From: membership@sdf.org
Subject: [SDF] Special Event for sdfers to participate in!

Tomorrow, Sunday July 14th SDF will be involved in a very special LINK between
two museums: Paul Allen's Living Computer Museum and Pacific Northwest Bell's
Museum of Communications.

SDF has provided Two AT&T 3B2 computers have been permanently placed at both
museums and both have rare Teletype 37 ASR and Teletype 5620 BLITs attached
to them.  Around noon Pacific Time tomorrow, the two 37s will be linked on
the host lcm3b2.sdf.org via 'com' for a couple of hours.  Photos and video
by visitors to both museums are likely to occur, so I would like to ask
your help to join in to have a friendly chat.  The 37s print at 150 baud
(15 characters per second), so please keep that in mind.

To connect: ssh to guest@lcm3b2.sdf.org.  You will then be presented with a
login prompt and you can either login to your account if you have one, or
you can login as 'guest'.  Type 'com' or 'chat' to join the session.

If you do not know what a 3B2, Teletype or BLIT is, here are a few links
you may find interesting.

3B2 setup (older SDF):  http://museumofcommunications.org/?page_id=164
Teletype 37 KSR video:  http://smj.massbus.org/tty37/tty37.m4v
3B2 setup (old SDF):    http://smj.massbus.org/lcm3b2.jpg

I hope you'll consider joining in on the fun!

Very sorry! a clarification - TIME is noon Pacific Daylight Time

Tomorrow, Sunday July 14th SDF will be involved in a very special LINK between
two museums: Paul Allen's Living Computer Museum and Pacific Northwest Bell's
Museum of Communications.

ssh guest@lcm3b2.sdf.org and type 'com' to join in.

The event will last about 2 hours.

------

--
HI !!   I'm Arty Weeno.  Do you want toast?