[Novalug] Cron Syntax

Dan Arico dan_arico@aricosystems.com
Tue Jul 9 19:03:12 EDT 2013

I'm running Suse 12.3 here. I've created a script, ~/bin/aslbackup,
that runs rsync to backup a bunch of my working directories to a
separate disk. It works perfectly, but now I want to run it
automatically at the end of my work day.

I've got several cron directories.

1. Which should I use?
2. Do I put my script in one of them or another file to call my script?
3. What's the syntax?

I've tried a number of combinations, but it doesn't run.

Dan

One OS to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them,
In the land of Redmond, where the Sales Reps lie.