[Novalug] OT - Anybody using TING cell service?

greg pryzby greg@pryzby.org
Sat Jul 6 08:33:26 EDT 2013

I used Virgin (resells Sprint) for my MiFi a few years back and it was
good. Not Ting, but a reseller. IF you get service, it should be fine. The
issue comes in IF you don't service (I expect) since Ting can't do
anything, they don't own (just resell) the infrastructure.

On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 8:29 AM, Miles D. Oliver <miles.d.oliver@gmail.com>wrote:

> Anybody out there using 'Ting' ??
>
> Even with my 'former employee' perks from Sprint we're still getting hit
> for more than $120 a month for the service.  I have to buy 500 minutes a
> month for my wife and now that she is retired she barely uses 100 mins and
> Spring hits us up with an additional $10 a month for 4G service.
>
> According to the Ting website I could get the same services for about $40
> a month for BOTH our phones combined 500 minutes which should suit us
> fine.. Ting uses Sprints infrastructure so I shouldn't have coverage issues.
>
> I've started moving my phone over and am now waiting on service activation
> but wondered if anybody else is using them?
>
> Whats been your experience?

greg pryzby                              greg at pryzby dot org
http://www.linkedin.com/in/gpryzby

TWTR: gpryzby
WEB:  http://www.MakeRoomForArt.com/
BLOG: http://www.ryqyrmedia.com/ (son's)