[Novalug] Patching RHEL6&5

James Swanson swanson.james@gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 09:47:15 EDT 2013

I had to do this for a bunch of RHEL 6 servers on a special network.  Grab
the updates from Red Hat using "yum update".  Copy them out of the temp
directory they're in and put them in a directory on a web server.
"createrepo" on the directory.  Add a local.repo file to the
/etc/yum.repos.d directory on the system to be updated.  "yum update" will
pull the updated rpms for you.