[Novalug] blocking ip addresses

Stuart Gathman stuart@gathman.org
Wed Jan 30 23:46:05 EST 2013

Long ago, Nostradamus foresaw that on 01/25/2013 08:19 PM, Jon LaBadie
would write:
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 02:46:05AM +0000, jecottrell3@comcast.net wrote:
>> Well, you can two it two ways...either
>>
>> [1] block it with Firewall Rules, or
>> [2] Route it Somewhere Bogus, like 127.0.0.1
>>
> Know if this is possible with appliance routers like the one
> serving as my gateway and firewall?  I don't see the capability.

This a *Linux* users group, after all, so you have to load linux on your
router:

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/netgear/wndr3700

If this is your first time, I do recommend having a backup router nearby
(perhaps at a nearby store) in case
you "brick" it (or think you have).  But there are lots of clear
instructions, and there is such a sense
of power when your router is running your own linux distro.