[Novalug] renaming the stuff before the prompt

jecottrell3@comcast.net jecottrell3@comcast.net
Wed Jan 23 20:42:27 EST 2013

Well, it depends on the Distro, the Version, and the Windowing System.

I use KDE on CentOS 6.3. If you Right Click on the (so far, the only) Panel (which is at the bottom, or maybe at the top for Gnome), you will see Panel Options, and then Panel Settings. You will see a Panel Edge button...which you click and drag the (let's say the center) or the new edge. You will also see a Panel Width, which you can click and drag to increase or decrease the width.

It's not Rocket Surgery...just Try Things and see if they work!

JIM

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Ewing Cottrell III" <JECottrell3@Comcast.NET>
To: novalug@calypso.tux.org
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2013 6:20:08 PM
Subject: Re: [Novalug] renaming the stuff before the prompt

Now that terminals are wide, space in the Y direction is more important
than space in the X direction. I therefore put my Launch Panel on the
Left Edge of the screen, and move my Taskbar to a separate panel on the
Right Edge. I load the Left Panel up with whatever Apps I care about
(usually Konsole, Firefox, Thunderbird), the Lock Screen/Logout Buttons,
a Clock and Calendar, and various Performance Monitors.

Of course, each Panel has to be wide enough to read, anywhere from 50 to
80 Pixels...but at least I still have my entire Y Space available.

JIM