[Novalug] NAS now....

Nick Danger nick@hackermonkey.com
Fri Jan 11 20:19:08 EST 2013

On 01/11/2013 03:12 PM, David A. Cafaro wrote:
> I'm still very happy with my Netgear ReadyNAS Pro (6 disk version), but
> they tend to run on the expensive side.  As a bonus they run Linux and

What sort of benchmarks do you get from that? We are having a large
'discussion' at work about various price points for NAS devices and I
keep being told that the mid tier, while 1/2 the cost of adding a tray
to the SAN, is still too much, and these Netgear and Buffalo devices
keep being mentioned as a comparison.

I'd love to hear what people get for benchmarks via NFS or iSCSI to
these things. I know they aren't going to be screamers, but I really
don't know what to expect. I had a two disk (mirror) Buffalo Nas on a
gigE port that was horrible at the last job.

Nick