[Novalug] (no subject)

Walt Smith waltechmail@yahoo.com
Tue Jan 8 12:51:52 EST 2013

I selected choice number 4.
It looked user friendly. Although knowing where those
other thingys are is a good thingy.

I never heard of gnome-session-properties.
I ran it and unchecked 3 items.

I also unchecked "power management" and "Remote desktop".
Didn't see anything else that looked appetising ( or safe ).

System -> Preferences ->   Bluetooth
doesn't have any relation to the properties it seems.
I think it should.   Some tie between the apps and "applets".

I'm glad it (g-s-p ) was already installed..
don't know if it was optional or not...
I usually install anything that says "system-gnome-blah"

There was no option to stop ( or start) the running
daemon that I saw in g-s-p.
I assume a reboot would be normally necessary if one
down't know the "real" name.   I knew the name and just
$kill  ed the bloody thing.

Thanks,
I didn't have to pull out too much hair on that one.

--
People throw rocks at things that shine.