[Novalug] how to supersede file names with spaces

Nino R. Pereira ninorpereira@gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 18:57:43 EST 2013

David,

thank you for your suggestion, which is complete enough for me to follow. :
> Simply try this:
>
> $ mount -l
> /dev/fd0 on /media/FD0_LABEL type vfat (rw) [FD0_LABEL]
> /dev/sdc on /media/USB_LABEL type vfat (rw) [USB_LABEL]
>
> Verify "type vfat" and "rw" then adjust as follows:
but, you don't say what is and is not acceptable to do in my case, which is:

/dev/sdc1 on /media/My Book 3.0 type fuseblk
(rw,nosuid,nodev,allow_other,blksize=4096,default_permissions) [My Book 3.0]

Googling for 'fuseblk linux' (as advised by one site that comes up when
I google 'fuseblk' by itself gives
a lot of information that I can barely understand, but certainly doesn't
give me the warm
fuzzy I need to dare type the command you sugges:

> $ dosfslabel  /dev/sdc  My_Book_3.0

Could you tell me that is is OK even through it's not vfat but fuseblk?
My guess is it is.

Nino