[Novalug] peculiar printing problem

Dan Arico dan_arico@aricosystems.com
Tue Dec 24 15:19:00 EST 2013

On Tue, 24 Dec 2013 14:36:49 -0500 (EST)
Bonnie Dalzell <bdalzell@qis.net> wrote:

> so it appears that I have some pdf documents that must contain a
> command that turns off the connection to the printer under linux.
>
> These are documents I generated locally with the linux version of
> PageStream, not anything I downloaded.
>
> I am of course going to correspond with the PageStream development
> team about this but I wanted to ask if anyone else has encountered a
> problem with a pdf file that seems to be able to disconnect the
> printer electronically.

The first question that occurs to me is what program you use to open
the pdf file for printing. I've had some problems with acroread. I
normally use okular these days. You can also import a pdf file into the
gimp and print it.

Dan Arico

One OS to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them,
In the land of Redmond, where the Sales Reps lie.