[Novalug] ? symbolic links to usb_drive

Mark Smith mark@winksmith.com
Sun Dec 15 16:20:37 EST 2013

symlinks just don't care about the target.  they don't even have to exist.

	ln -s /a/b/c foo
	ls -l foo
	lrwxrwxrwx 1 mark.smith domain^users 6 Dec 16 10:15 foo -> /a/b/c

i wouldn't worry about the target.  if you're getting problems, i'd
focus on the local file system, not the target.

the command below is trying to create a symlink on the USB drive.
are you sure that's what you want to do?  most USB drives have FAT on
them which do not support symlinks.

if you want a link on your home directory linking to a directory/file
on USB drive you have do that "backwards."

	ln -s /home/joeking/usb_3/file_2 /home/joeking/file_1

--
Hei konā mai
Mark Smith