[Novalug] speaking of wireless ...

greg pryzby greg@pryzby.org
Wed Dec 11 11:56:51 EST 2013

Is there a visual light on the machine to show if the wifi is turned
on? There could be a hard switch and it is turned off.

>From a terminal (alt-f2 then xterm or gnome-terminal usually works if
you don't know how to get one)
   iwconfig
and you should see something to help you figure out if the device is there
   netstat -n -r
while show networking info that can be helpful

Right clicking on the WiFi icon in NetworkManager allows you to turn
device on/off which could help.

But I would check that the computer has turned on the wifi, that tends
to be the issue.