[Novalug] virsh cheat sheet?

John Holland jholland@vin-dit.org
Thu Aug 15 11:20:03 EDT 2013

If you find out how to get the IP of a newly created VM I'd be very
interested.

The way I've moved VM disks around is to boot the VM in rescue mode
(this won't work with shell only I think) and get it networked, at which
point the existing disk is not being used, and dd | ssh | dd the
contents of the existing disk to a new location. I was usually moving it
From a host file to another host file. I think with some sort of
redirection you could be dd'ing it onto an LVM volume.

I have done this with ZFS volumes lately. The writeable snapshot aspects
of ZFS make it work (with volumes) very nicely with VM stuff.