[Novalug] dual boot F19 unbootable after win7/Asus update

how7 how0909@freeshell.org
Wed Aug 14 14:13:24 EDT 2013

A couple of weeks ago I set up a win7/Fedora19 dual boot on my Asus laptop.
I am on dialup and I did not run out to do win7 and Asus updates before
the dual boot.
I was sooo happy with f19 that I played with it for a week or two before
having to do some stuff on win7 which reminded me that I needed to do
backups...
So over the weekend I went to the library and updated for hours.

Win7 is better now, but when I went to f19 grub is normal but the f19
boots fail.
Rescue from grub menu fails same as regular boot.
Rescue from F19 dvd can not find a linux partition to get started...
I managed to mount my partitions using f19 dvd shell and copy my stuff.

So the question now is whether the f19 install is salvageable or not.
I do have some time in on it - got samba going and all kinds of neat stuff.
But if it's filled with holes that's no good.
Plus - if I try to repair it might corrupt win7 install.
Also if I re-install f19 it might corrupt win7 install too!

What should I do?

I have a thread posted here with more information:

Thanks, Howard