[Novalug] abcde and missing tune titles: CDDB files

Alan Day dayalan@nova.org
Tue Aug 6 23:14:55 EDT 2013

Been using EasyTAG to write tag data into the audio clips captured on
the Raspberry Pi. I establish an X-Windows session using XQuartz on my
MacBook Pro & copy/paste from the program website. A little klunky but
works fine.
Alan

Roger W. Broseus wrote:
> Mark,
>
> Thanks for pointing to EasyTAG. It looks like it might fit my need, e.g., the
> load filenames function (used to set filenames from a file).
>
> I believe that some info about an mp3 tracks and ogg is embedded in the file
> because I don't see any "accessory" files that contain info that is not
> present in an .m3u file. Perhaps the info is in tags. Under
>
>      https://projects.gnome.org/easytag/#features
>
> I see listed that
>
>      Can edit more tag fields: title, artist, album, disc number, year, track
>      number, comment, composer, original artist/performer, copyright, URL,
>      encoder name and attached picture
>
> Now I just have to find some time when my wife is not watching to play with
> this. She keeps asking, what were you doing down there (in the fambly room
> where my PC is located).
>
> Thanks again.
>
> --
> Roger W. Broseus - Linux User
>       Email: RogerB@bronord.com
>       Web Site: www.bronord.com
>
> On 08/06/2013 12:00 PM, novalug-request@calypso.tux.org wrote:
>> Message: 4
>> Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 20:02:14 -0400
>> From: "Mark A. Metz"<mametz@aol.com>
>> Subject: Re: [Novalug] abcde and missing tune titles: CDDB files
>> To:novalug@calypso.tux.org
>>
>> This guy seems to know what he's talking about:
>>
>> http://www.andrews-corner.org/abcde.html
>>
>> He uses EasyTAG for cleanup.  I've listened to several podcasters who
>> report they use EasyTAG for their podcast audio files.  They even use it
>> to add the podcast thumbnail from an image file.
>>
>> I thought sound file metadata was embedded in the file itself, though.
>> Indeed, after a quick check of ID3.org and Xiph.org, this is the case.
>> No accessory CMS files necessary.

W. Alan Day <dayalan@nova.org>     703-860-0181 (H)
"Day Hikes in the Metro Area (no pun intended)"
http://DayHikes.info/       http://DayHikes.info/Days_of_Yore/