[Novalug] missing libtermcap.so.2 work-around

Jon LaBadie novalugml@jgcomp.com
Sat Sep 22 14:43:02 EDT 2012

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 10:42:45AM -0400, David L Durant wrote:
> Jon, you may not have realized it, but Brander just solved your problem!
>
> Brander, send Jon your modified compat-libtermcap.rpm. Maybe support the
> amanda.rpm cleanup script that creates the amandabackup account?
>
> Jon, install compat-libtermcap.rpm and amanda.rpm on Fedora, then add
> the associated amandabackup user that Amanda requires (as necessary).

I installed Brander's compat-libtermcap.rpm on the 64-bit Fedora 17
system.  The amanda client installs fine after that.  I don't have
a full backup system set up so I can't do extensive testing yet.

For the 32-bit F17 I tried the CentOS 6.3 compat-libtermcap.rpm.  It
installed and let me install the amanda client.

I'm not expecting problems as I see no need in the amanda code for termcap.

Thanks Brander.

Jon
--
Jon H. LaBadie                  novalugml@jgcomp.com
 11226 South Shore Rd		(703) 787-0688 (H)