[Novalug] senior moment : localhost?

James Ewing Cottrell 3rd JECottrell3@Comcast.NET
Wed Sep 5 21:39:35 EDT 2012

On some systems /etc/hostname will do the trick. On others, such as
RHEL-derived systems, edit /etc/sysconfig/network as Zak mentioned.

You might find a GUI Tool to modify Network Parameters, and the answer
may differ depending on whether you are using DHCP or a Statis Address.

Look around, trace the System Startup files.

Perhaps "man -k hostname" might help you.

JIM