[Novalug] laptop + nfs. how to manage?

Richard Ertel richard.ertel@gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 10:09:17 EDT 2012

i've used autofs in the past, but seemed slower and buggier than
fstab. has that changed in the past couple of years?

i've also had instances when my server was down, and my desktop, which
automounted all volumes, would hang at boot because it can't find the
NFS server.  looking to avoid that situation when my laptop is not on
my home wifi.