[Novalug] "FOSE"

jerry w jerrywone@gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 21:30:46 EDT 2012

For some it might be a 4 letter F word,
as most were more involved in making it happen
than I, and it's probably a sore point for many,
since we aren't doing it anymore...

Which made me wonder what the educational
benefit for having a 501c3 for educating
the community about Linux is, if we don't
do a large scale trade show...

Doing video of meetings sort of got The Word/
Message out about Linux locally,
but many already know and just want swag...

Even years after OLPC XO 1.0 came into reality,
most don't know it exists, and I continue to educate
people, that there is a free operating system,
it's not that complicated, (unless you want it to be)
and it should be used with poor, kids, and others
who might want free and a learning opportunity/
hobby/ religion... <smirk>

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 6:58 PM, Roger W. Broseus <RogerB@bronord.com> wrote:
> I got excited today when visiting tux.org - the lead story announces that,
> once again, TUX has been invited to participate in FOSE . . . my level off
> interest diminished when I noticed the year for the up coming meeting:
> 2010. Much of the page is like that: living in the past. I think I now
> understand why a call went out at a past NOVALUG mtg for volunteers to
> help with the site.
> --
> Roger Broseus
>    RogerB@bronord.com