[Novalug] Firefox Crash and centos6.2 bug

Walt Smith waltechmail@yahoo.com
Wed Oct 10 12:50:05 EDT 2012

As far as I can tell, it's always crashed under
various circumstances.

1.  Overnite, just sitting.  My guess is "out of memory".
I leave the box on all nite and the next morning after the
screen saver returns to normal apps, it's gone.
2.  after some magical upgrade or install.  My guess is
some incompatible library.
3. While visiting some websites.  With the many redirects,
I would guess some website has crap code and FF just barfs.

---

By the way, for anyone interested, CentOS 6.2 after "some"
various upgrades  ( I never do update all ), has 2 bugs.
I don't have very specific information so I don't file
a bug report.  but should you see a "familiar" report:

a:  After an install of qualcom wifi firmmware and drivers,
the screen saver freezes and the system locks.  Only a power-off
reboot gets em the system.  I don't recall how to enable the
X-win killer keys, if thats the problem.  ON one reboot, the
logging error screen came up and then I notice the qualcomm
error messages for some failure.. however, the wifi always
worked.  I think the problem originated in my attempting to
setup wireless when I entered crap data in places: the attempt
wasn't to enter crap data but the real stuff. But I was less smart.
The fix was in the wifi wireless setup, I deleted two
of the bad entries for wifi  bases locally.

b:  During an upgrade, the gui for the "sofware update"--
I did an upgrade of libreoffice.  The core libre is about
76 megs.  During the upgrade, and I believe it was the "download"
counter rather than the "install" counter of bytes, as it counted
down, when it reached about 38 Megs, the counter went back up to
about 65 megs, continud to count down and finished around 38 megs.
This happened twice as I repeated the action.  (so, I guess it was the
D/L section of the intall now that I think about it.
While the actual D/L was interrupted etc, I'm pretty sure
the count isn't related to my restarting the D/L.

Walt....

--
George Patton to head Dept of Health and Human Services
a good slap keeps 'em off welfare.