[Novalug] NAS suggestions?

Jeremy Hoel jthoel@gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 13:32:54 EDT 2012

I've used CentOS and Ubuntu.. both with mdraid and share about 10+ TB
out via nfs and samba to a number of hosts.. works great.  I used to
use Areca's built in hardware based raid but after a card died and I
couldn't get one for another 3 weeks I decided to beef the CPU a bit
and run the MDRAID.  I haven't had a failure of the drives or software
yet.. and I've moved arrays from box to box and it just starts back
up.  Brilliant.  And with a full linux install i run other serving
software on there too.. one box, many uses. Works like a champ.