[Novalug] 1st Raspberry Pi project?

shawn wilson ag4ve.us@gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 06:16:23 EST 2012

first, i'd recommend stocking up on sd cards (it's easier to swap
physical media than dd images).

maybe see if anyone has (or about porting) commotion on the pi
(https://commotionwireless.net/)
help the guy work out the bugs with the debian installer for the pi
(it works, but some wrinkles should be smoothed out)
buy an old dumb hub to use as a tap and a usb hdd and see how much
bandwidth the pi can handle (also see if you can make a not-so-obvious
looking package for the 'device' and put it up on thingiverse)
find the cheapest hdd, power solution, and wifi adapter and toss them
into corners in populated areas
see about porting *bsd to it (o_0 ah, linux form - forgot)

that's all i got. i would say help with my piphone idea, but i'm
pretty much at a technical hurdle with bt / design decision point,
so...