[Novalug] NFS Problem

Domenick Petrella domenick.petrella@gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 09:03:05 EST 2012

NFS can be configured a few different ways, including stateful tcp or stateless udp, and v4 doesn't even use rpc.  Assuming you have the most common nfs (from what I've experienced, anyway), it's tcp & v3, which requires a bunch of different daemons running.  Mark's suggestion of a firewall closing a connection is a good one, but if that's not it, I would try to narrow down which part of the nfs stack is not responding.  The rpcinfo command would probably be useful to look at the state of the rpc components before the 5 hour mark, and afterward.

--
Domenick Petrella Sr.