[Novalug] Terminals (was Re: Enlightenment)

Jon LaBadie novalugml@jgcomp.com
Fri Nov 2 11:38:50 EDT 2012

On Fri, Nov 02, 2012 at 10:10:13AM -0500, Beartooth wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Nov 2012, Jason van Gumster wrote:
>  	[....]
> > Incidentally, the new terminal, "terminology", that's written
> > using the EFL has become my favorite xterm replacement. It's
> > still under pretty heavy development and has some rough edges,
> > but I'm already really fond of it. Does some pretty cool things
> > (some less useful than others). I'm particularly fond of how it
> > natively handles some media file types. Have a look-see:
> >
> > http://www.enlightenment.org/p.php?p=about/terminology&l=en
>
>  	I'm in process of reading that; many thanks!
>
>  	One thing I don't see (yet, perhaps) is whether it can
> have differing color schemes ("profiles") on different tabs.
>
>  	I use that heavily, for instance making any tab I mean to
> su to root on have both text and background contrasting with
> those for my userid; similarly for Alpine on my own machine vs.
> Alpine on the machine that hosts my domain; etc., etc.
>
>  	I've yet to find any terminal emulator that can do it
> other than gnome-terminal.

I do that in the shell prompt, thus it is not tied to a specific
terminal emulator.  My PS1 variable contains host, user, cwd, and
the $ or # prompt char.  Normally each is a different color,
none red.  If I su to root the user and # are displayed in red.

jl
--
Jon H. LaBadie                  novalugml@jgcomp.com
 11226 South Shore Rd		(703) 787-0688 (H)