[Novalug] How do you like your Lenovo Laptops, would you purchase a refurbished one???

Andrew Beals andrew.beals@gmail.com
Mon May 21 12:27:16 EDT 2012

I'm about three months into a refurbed T61 from µCenter.  Good things: A
keyboard to die for.  Trackpoint.  Core2 is a lot faster than the Atom N270
notebook I had been using.  4 gigs of ram (twice what you get in an N270
system).  Trackpoint.  Trackpoint.  A keyboard to die for.  Bad things:
Battery was half-dead - replaced with a $30 knock-off from AMZN.  I had
thought it had 2 1G sticks in it, so I ended up with an extra 2G stick.  I
haven't wiped winderz off of it yet (for shame, Beals!).  It came with a
dvd-rom drive.

The HDD will probably die sometime (it seems to have gotten slower in the
past few weeks), so that will get replaced.  The display backlight will
croak at some point.

But for $250?  A bargain.