[Novalug] Recommendations for Virtualization

Keith Howell keith.c.howell@gmail.com
Mon May 14 07:32:54 EDT 2012

The simple, clean solution is Proxmox. http://www.proxmox.org

The 2.1 version has clustering and HA support. Under the hood it uses
KVM and VZ containers. Nice and easy to use web front end, with ssh
access to the underlying Debian OS for the tricky stuff.

Xen, libvert and other command line tools are great, but not what you
can give to other people to use/administer when they are used to the
vmware front end.

Virtualbox is good, but a pain in the rear to make it work headless. I
love it on my laptop for the 'quick-n-dirty' vm's.

--
Keith