[Novalug] Xbuntu 12.04 Not Ready for Prime Time

Mike Miller mtmiller@ieee.org
Fri May 4 23:41:15 EDT 2012

On Fri, May 04, 2012 at 07:28:11PM -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Fri, May 04, 2012 at 01:41:56PM -0400, James Ewing Cottrell 3rd wrote:
> > + gnome-terminal's behaviour should be "run as a login shell"
>
> You can turn this on, but I don't see why it would be the default.
> You don't log into it, right?

I second that, you log into the desktop, it runs .profile.  You open a
terminal, it runs .bashrc.  For my part, the most important factor of a
login shell is what it does when I log out, namely killing sudo
timestamps and clearing the console buffer, neither of which are
relevant to choose-your-x-terminal-emulator.

> > + No way to get "focus follows mouse/autoraise" out of window
> > manager
>
> $ gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences focus-mode 'sloppy'
>
> (Or substitute 'mouse' for default 'click')

Or sudo apt-get install gnome-tweak-tool && gnome-tweak-tool

Shows up as "Advanced Settings" for me under the Gnome 3 apps menu.

Has been mentioned here before.

--
mike